Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: =partner-versions

From: Matthieu Moy
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: =partner-versions
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 2004 07:46:10 +0200

[ Cc-ing the xtla mailing-list.  Xtla team: You should read this piece
  of thread on gnu-arch-users ]

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

> How about branches from which I rarely merge but against which I like to
> get diffs (or things like that)?
> If I can give nicknames to your partner-versions, then it would answer my
> need for branch alises.

Not sure to understand your need,  but you can add a bookmark for that
version, without adding it to your list of partners.

Hitting RET on  a bookmark runs "tla revisions" (if  the bookmark is a
version name,  which is usually  the case), and  you can run  the same
command  in the resulting  buffer as  you would  have for  a "bookmark
missing"  buffer  :  View  the  log for  a  particular  revision,  tla
get-changeset +  tla view-changeset, tla delta  (between two revisions
in this list only currently), ...

Does it answer your question, or would you need something more?

(The TODO  list is  already long, but  we'd be  happy to make  it even
longer ;-)

--
Matthieu