[Gnu-arch-users] Cachrevs in mirrors.sourcecontrol.net

From: John F Meinel Jr
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Cachrevs in mirrors.sourcecontrol.net
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2004 21:22:50 -0500

I was wondering about getting cacherevs put into the sourcecontrol mirrors. I believe tla archive-mirror doesn't mirror cachrevs, so they all need to be put in manually. But I noticed when I went to get
address@hidden/tlacontrib--aba--1.3--patch-44

That I had to get all of tlacontrib--aba--1.2 which was 102 patches, for a total of 146 patches.

I know there have been a lot of discussions about improvements in the arch repository for handling cachrevs, and automatic super-patches, etc. And maybe we are just waiting for that to happen, but right now it is pretty painful to get things from the mirrors for the first time.

It also might be reasonable to have tla archive-mirror optionally support moving cacherevs since if someone thought it was wise to create a cacherevs in their repository, then it probably is a good location for the mirror to have the cacherevs.

I think the big problem is that the owner of the archive doesn't have permission to create a cacherev in the mirror, and the owner of the mirror doesn't necessarily know where a good location to put a cacherev is. (Especially since mirroring is an automated process.)

Any thoughts?
John
=:->