Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: [BUG] feature plan -- Selected inventory

From: Jason McCarty
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: [BUG] feature plan -- Selected inventory
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 2004 20:58:45 -0400

Aaron Bentley wrote:
> I don't want to introduce error-prone options.  I think it would make
> sense for tla fall back to full inventories in some cases for selected
> commits.

Think of --no-full-inventory-at-all-costs like --link. It gives better
performance, at the expense of enabling a user to mess their project
tree or revision library respectively. But all-importantly, it prevents
archive corruption even then. And in both cases the damage isn't too
hard to revert (although, --link actually tells you it's there, unlike
my option :-( ).

My inclination would also be to fall back to a full inventory when
something "smells fishy," like you describe. But I think a range of
options including ones as dangerous as --link is desirable.

--
Jason McCarty <address@hidden>