RE: [Gnu-arch-users] Extracting a standard diff

From: Jacob Gorm Hansen
Subject: RE: [Gnu-arch-users] Extracting a standard diff
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 12:43:02 +0100

> Not really necessary, afaik patch will handle the extra
> "junk" fine by simply skipping it. And filterdiff (as Miles
> wrote) allows you to get rid of the {arch} directory completely.

If you mean the permission changes etc. at the beginning, I think it should
be possible to disable it. Often there is a human filter sitting in front of
'patch', and often that human is one that you wish not to annoy with (to
him/her) meaningless junk, as doing so will lessen the changes of getting
your patch applied at all.

In fact, I would just like the -q switch to 'changes' to work as expected.

Best,
Jacob