Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: How to 'update' an updated archive?

From: TC
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: How to 'update' an updated archive?
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2004 01:18:09 +0100

Miles Bader wrote:

> I'm not sure that it's such a common occurance ...
> To tell the truth I have no idea why people keep asking about this ...

Maybe because it *is* common? :-)

As a former CVS user, now dabbling in both arch and subversion, I'm used to
thinking about three different ways in which my files can be out of sync with another
set of files:

a. Some properties (including content) of my or their files have changed
b. One or more files have been removed from my or their space
c. One or more new files have been added to my or their space

It's just a bit disorienting to find that arch doesn't always respond to b. Although, as several folk have shown, it can clearly be *made* to respond. But this is a minor gotcha that CVS'ers need to watch out for. (And maybe one that could be recognized
as arch develops?)

tc