Re: [Gnu-arch-users] tla undo feature request

From: Jason McCarty
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] tla undo feature request
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 21:47:54 -0400

Robert Anderson wrote:
> Well, frankly it sounds mostly irrelevant.  I am not talking
> about undo along file/selection boundaries.  I am talking about
> undo along "type of change" boundaries.
>
> If you're saying that you should be able to eventually mix the
> two ideas in the same command, I would agree with that.  But
> nothing about selection is a prerequisite to what I'm proposing.

I'm saying that selections are a more general idea, rather than a
different idea. It should eventually provide what you want. It would
allow you to select on both file boundaries and type-of-change
boundaries. So if the file boundary is "all files," and the
type-of-change boundary is "metadata only," it does the same thing as
--metadata.

The feature doesn't exist yet, so Aaron's suggestion is probably the
best approximation for now.

--
Jason McCarty <address@hidden>