Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Online book for usability

From: Aaron Bentley
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Online book for usability
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 23:34:48 -0400

James Blackwell wrote:

Using that logic, wouldn't we turn "tla undo" back into a script merely
because its easily scriptable?

mv workdir ,,oldworkdir ; tla get VERSION

Oh, you can script it more faithfully than that:

tla delta $(tla logs -f|tail -n 1) $(tla tree-root) "$(tla tree-root)/,,undo-$next" tla apply-changeset --reverse "$(tla tree-root)/,,undo-$next" $(tla tree-root)

Undo is all about convenience.  There's nothing unique that it does.

And yes, I do plan to turn it into a script. >:-)

 From the volume of requests, the capability to undo specific
files is an expected version of a revision control system.

There are scripts to do that, patches to do that, and feature plans to do that.

Aaron