[Gnu-arch-users] Re: [Hey tom!] file permissions and inode-sigs

From: Tom Lord
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: [Hey tom!] file permissions and inode-sigs
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 19:53:01 -0700 (PDT)

    > From: Aaron Bentley <address@hidden>

    > What are your requirements for adding file permissions to inode sigs?
    > Should the change be backwards-compatible?

Upwards compatible is fine.  I.e., if I upgrade tla my old revlibs and
project trees should work but, once I use the new tla, the old tla
won't necessarily grok my project trees and revlibs.

Sorry if I made it sound harder than it is while fixing the RWA bug:
it's just a matter of tweaking the string-comparison currently used
for signature validation to be more general: to ignore the modes
if one of the two signatures being compared lacks them.