Re: [Gnu-arch-users] arch roadmap 1 (and "what's tom up to")

From: Scott Parish
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] arch roadmap 1 (and "what's tom up to")
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2004 20:44:22 +0000

On Wed, Jun 30, 2004 at 04:13:13PM -0400, Aaron Bentley wrote:

> Okay, let me put it more bluntly.  Furth will take *your* time and
> effort away from tla.  I'm sure you're enjoying breathing life into
> Furth, but since you're tla's maintainer, tla can't progress very far
> while your energies are directed elsewhere.

To Lord's defense, he's never made a secret of the fact that GNU Arch
is a small part of a bigger picture. He has never had as his priority
getting patches in asap (look historically at how long it took to get
sftp into larch), and personally i don't see this as a huge problem.
The fact that he's stuck through with his projects through financial
straights should speak for itself about his commitment.

In regards to why not language X... i think it would be safe to say that
Overarch has never been about mediocrity.

sRp

--
Scott Parish
http://srparish.net/