Re: [Gnu-arch-users] How to know which revision a changeset is refering

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] How to know which revision a changeset is refering to?
Date: Sun, 4 Jul 2004 16:08:43 -0400

On Sun, Jul 04, 2004 at 09:36:53PM +0200, Matthieu Moy wrote:
> I was just wondering if there was a way to know, from a changeset
> directory, which revision the changeset was computed from.

A changeset just describes a change, it can be applied to any tree you
want, and doesn't necessarily correspond to _any_ revision.

If you want to give users a hint as to a good place to apply it, I suggest
just including the base revision in the changeset name you choose (i.e. the
name of the changeset directory or the tar file you make from it).

E.g.,

   tla changes -o `tla logs -f | sed -e '$!d' -e
'address@hidden/@@'`.my-hacks.cset

I usually don't bother though, as it rarely seems to matter all that much --
I apply changeset where it's convenient to apply them, and if there are
conflicts, I'd probably have to fix them anyway, regardless of whether the
cset applied cleanly to some past revision or not.

-Miles
--
=====
(^o^;