[Gnu-arch-users] Re: arch roadmap 1 (and "what's tom up to")

From: Daniel James
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: arch roadmap 1 (and "what's tom up to")
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2004 12:56:57 +0100

We have different setups. Mine is not typical, but I don't think
it's unique. Luckily for me, arch is designed to support both of them.

Colin Walters wrote:
On Mon, 2004-07-05 at 07:27 +0100, Daniel James wrote:
You can include lua with a program and hardly notice it. You will probably be able to say the same thing about Furth.

I am not concerned about size.

I am. Complexity also matters.

I am very concerned about Furth or any other language as part of the arch
protocol.

It seems that some scripting is required, so what you're suggesting will lead to other languages becoming a defacto part of the protocol.

I'm also pretty concerned about time amount of time being spent on Furth (for
very little to no gain) versus all the other things that need to be fixed in
tla.

Have you noticed that I like Lua? It's available now. But Tom fully understands the issues here, and has rejected it, so I'm not going to push for it. I also realise that if he was the kind of person who settles for what's available, arch would not exist.