Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Dirname caching for leroy's tla on cygwin

From: lode . leroy
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Dirname caching for leroy's tla on cygwin
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 08:50:47 +0200 (CEST)

> Well, I like the general idea of the dos-8.3 hack. I wonder though, if I
> ask for the 8.3 version of a directory that doesn't exist, what does it
> tell me?

for now, it returns the uncompressed path or NULL if that's too long.
the callers know how to deal with that (ie. vu_stat  returns E_NOTFOUND)

> And I'm curious about the speedup from caching these names, but it
> might be possible because you don't have to do the system call.

yes, it should be possible too, and easier that with the =dirnames

> I think using 8.3 filenames in the win32 port will probably be okay. You
> still have the problem that trying to delete your working directory with
> Explorer will fail. I'm not sure how to work around that. Maybe a tla
> command "nuke {arch}".

well, there is "vu-rm -r {arch}"

Plaats je zoekertjes GRATIS op AdValvas
Placez votre petite annonce GRATUITEMENT sur AdValvas
http://www.advalvas.be