Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [BUG] serious bug in vu_write_retry?

From: Aaron Bentley
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [BUG] serious bug in vu_write_retry?
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 2004 20:43:08 -0400

Jeremy Shaw wrote:

Can anyone else comment on the validity of this bug/patch? In the
unpatched code, it looks like when vu_write returns -1 and (*errn ==
EAGAIN || *errn == EINTR), count will be incremented by 1 and bug will
be decremented by 1.

Yeah, looks kinda nasty to me.

The patch looks reasonable, though I'd probably do
if (amt < 0)
  {
    if (*errn == EAGAIN || *errn == EINTER)
      continue;
    else
      return amt;
  }

I'm not so sure about the interface itself. Shouldn't it return a short count if it partially succeeds?

Aaron