[Gnu-arch-users] [BUG] Permission change ignored

From: Robin Green
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] [BUG] Permission change ignored
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2004 16:09:55 +0100

tla does not notice a permissions change (at least, when that is the
*only* change that has been made since last commit. That's the only
scenario I've tested.)

As this has security implications for my usage (storing /etc directory
for a server), I would greatly appreciate it if someone could help me
fix this bug ASAP.

Commands to reproduce:

echo password > secret
chmod a+r secret  # depending on your umask this may be redundant
tla add secret
tla commit -s 'password file'
chmod o-r secret
tla changes
tla commit -s 'Fixed perms problem'

Actual behaviour:

Permissions change is not noticed by tla changes or tla commit.

Expected behaviour:

Permissions change should be noticed and committed.

This is with out-of-the-box tla configuration (no revlibs etc.)
tla version is:
tla address@hidden/dists--jblack--1.1--patch-18(configs/devo.tla-1.2.1pre1)
from regexps.com

--