[Gnu-arch-users] Another step for libtla

From: Matthew Dempsky
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Another step for libtla
Date: 10 Jul 2004 07:01:23 -0500

I've picked up the work Brian May did on sorting out the arch files
into -cmds and -utils, and have updated his patches for Tom's 1.3
branch.  The patches are available in:

  address@hidden/tla--libarch--1.3

I've also started work on step c of Tom's original plan (switching
libawk to use alloc_limits), and have a 5kloc changeset for updating
relational.c and all of its callers.  However, I need pointers on how
to handle associative.c.

Also, if I need to change where I put alloc_limits in the argument
list for any of the relational.c functions, I can easily do that (I
just put it at the beginning of all of them since it was the
simplest).

Finally, the reason I skipped ahead to c rather than do step b
(eliminate exits, panics, and safe_* calls from -utils), is I wanted
to know how error handling should be done in those.  Will a simple
return value (-1 or null as appropriate), or do we need to propogate
an error number too?

-jivera