Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: [OT] facism gaining ground in US

From: Tom Lord
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: [OT] facism gaining ground in US
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 18:05:20 -0700 (PDT)

    > From: John Meinel <address@hidden>

    > Just as a side note. He isn't saying you intended, he is saying CNN
    > intended for you to misparse the sentence.

    > You misparsed his sentence. :)

I know.  Totally boneheaded on my part and a symptom that this thread
isn't an immediate priority but I tried to rush through it anyway.
Ironic, isn't it?

Sorry to Pierce and to readers.   I'll catch up for real later when
other stuff is further along.

    > His critique is that media outlets are intentionally sensationalist.

And my off-the-cuff counter is, as I said, that it wasn't the press
that made the link.  It was EAC itself and, really, the administration
as a whole for creating the "homeland security" umbrella in the first
place.

Mostly the concern about the press' slant seems to me to be a
distraction.   Who cares about the press.  It's the facts on the
ground that matter and, aside from Pierce's contribution, that's what
we were talking about.