[Gnu-arch-users] cscvs and CVSROOT?

From: micah milano
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] cscvs and CVSROOT?
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 19:43:27 -0500

I'm trying to get cscvs setup to pull down nightly cvs updates from
the sympa development tree so a group of us can work on various hacks
in arch and keep from forking.

The plan was to follow the recipe on the wiki:

1. Create the archive, init the tree -- I am not sure what
id-tagging-method to use here, so I chose "names", but would
appreciate a pointer if I am doing that wrong.

2. do a cvs export from the sympa development tree:

cvs -d :pserver:address@hidden:/sympa login
cvs -d :pserver:address@hidden:/sympa export -D today sympa)

3. do the cscvs cache -b... unfortunately, this doesn't work:

cscvs cache: No CVSROOT specified!  Please use the `-d' option
cscvs [cache aborted]: or set the CVSROOT environment variable.

I've tried using -d, no dice, tried doing an export
CVSROOT=/path/to/cvs/export, same problem, I set in my .bash_profile
the CVSROOT, cscvs still doesn't see it :(

4. do the cscvs totla commands

5. cron according to
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/gnu-arch-users/2003-12/msg00794.html

Can anyone push me in the right direction? I am using cscvs from
debian testing (Version: 1.0pre25.patch.79-3)...

Thanks,
micah