Re: [Gnu-arch-users] How to support arch on systems with a small PATH_MA

From: chth
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] How to support arch on systems with a small PATH_MAX [WAS: arch o n windows?]
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 22:08:51 +0200

> In my original post I (mis)used upwards compatible to mean introducing
> changes to tla in such a way that older binaries would be able to work
> with the newer data, without change. So please take this into account
> when (re)reading my post.

My apologize, I misunderstood you there. When you change the internal
structure, older versions will not work there is no way around that. But
hey, at least they will not do any harm, just panic on missing
directories. For that reason, short-path enableing shall be optional for
some longer time. It's an new feature which makes things possible which
are imposible currently.

        Christian