Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: [OT] facism gaining ground in US

From: Robert Anderson
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: [OT] facism gaining ground in US
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 18:20:59 -0500

--- Original Message ---
From: "Pierce T.Wetter III" <address@hidden>
To: Patrick Mauritz <address@hidden>
CC: address@hidden

>On Jul 19, 2004, at 12:10 AM, Patrick Mauritz wrote:
>
>> Am Montag, 19. Juli 2004 02:37 schrieb Pierce T.Wetter III:
>>>   How exactly are the Swedes and the Norweigans different again?
>> or the Americans and the Mexicans?
>
>See, I'm sure you're trying to make a point, but its not one I
get...
>Given the large number of people of Hispanic descent who live in
>America,
>there isn't any difference. Which is my point, that Americans
have a
>very
>dim understanding of "tribal" differences.
>
>But I've talked to Swedes and Norweigans and they assure me
there's some
>difference between them. I've never been able to tell...
>
>  Pierce

You're being willfully ignorant and you know it.  Go into any
school lunchroom in any school in the United States that has any
ethnic diversity at all, and you'll instantly see that "tribal"
differences and "tribal" differentiation are the norm, not some
foreign hard-to-imagine concept in a fully integrated melting
pot.  That's just silly.

Are we doing a lot better than declaring war on each other on a
regular basis?  Most places, yes.  Are we anywhere near being
blind to such differences?  Of course not.

Bob