Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [OT] facism gaining ground in US

From: Pierce T . Wetter III
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [OT] facism gaining ground in US
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 12:50:50 -0700

On Jul 20, 2004, at 12:27 PM, nadim wrote:

On Tuesday 20 July 2004 21:17, Pierce T.Wetter III wrote:
There was/is lots of proof that Saddam had connections to _terrorism_
he'd
sponsor suicide bombings, he put out press releases about supporting
terrorism, he
was harboring some known terrorists.

Are we hereby invited to list the names of the american terrorists he dealt
with? like you president that agreed to sell him weapons, you ministers
that went to Irak to kiss his ass so he's spend his oil money on your
hi-tech missiles instead for spending it on hospitals?

 <sigh> I dealt with this earlier. Iraq was a soviet client state, there
was no way we would sell him hi-tech weapons. During the Iran/Iraq war,
we did play Iraq and Iran off against each other, but if you go to
that site I listed in a previous post, it wasn't the US Iraq was buying weapons from, it was France and Russia predominantly.

 Anyways, you're blustering away from the point, which was that Saddam
did have known connections to terrorists, but not to Al-Queda which
is a subtle distinction, I grant you, but one is true why the other is
not so its very relevant.

  There wasn't any proof that Saddam had connections to Al-Queda and
9/11. Bush actually said this on numerous occasions.
You must one of the only persons that remember those.

  Yeah, that's why I keep suggesting to all my friends that they
subscribe to the daily briefing email from the state department. I don't
recommend they believe what it says, but I suggest they use it as
a source for what the administration actually said vs. what was reported
that they said.

In this case it wasn't "news" so it wasn't widely reported. He said it numerous times in the lead up to the war though. That question was specifically asked and and answered numerous times. If you don't actually believe me that he was trying to make this distinction between terrorism I can search through my archives of the briefings.

 On the other hand, on your side, Cheney believes this, despite all lack
of evidence. So its perfectly correct to say the "Bush Administration" said
their were ties to Al-Queda, even though Bush said the opposite.

 Pierce