Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: [OT] facism gaining ground in US

From: nadim
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: [OT] facism gaining ground in US
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 01:32:46 +0200

On Wednesday 21 July 2004 01:00, Pierce T.Wetter III wrote:

> > Anti arab aracism in france is not subttle at all,
>
>   So you live in Paris, and are possibly arab? If so, one of the things
> I was
> trying to bring up was that it seems to me that there is this huge
> muslim
> population in france that is very badly treated by the French.
>
>   How true is my impression?

My guess is that arabs are treated as mexicans are treated in the US. It
has nothing to do with the place or time but with the people.

You import people because they make you rich with their cheap labour but
after 10 years or so they have installed thmeselves and their kids are
going to schooll. When depression hits, guess who the easiest victime is.

Arabs are put into ghettos, like black in the states. Generosity is low
(I'm not talking about money) and when an angry arabs makes it up, you
have on angry son of a b.. that is going to show he goes for. Fortunately
what you can't muzel with force (France is still the country of free
expression and freedom and (I'm no french remember) the US has a a few
generation before it before it reaches the same level of politic
maturity)) so what you can't muzel with force you can bribe with money (by
the way the most intelligent move of the US during the Irak war (if there
was any inteligent move that is) was to bribe officer in the Iraki army.

Well arabs are not _very_ badly treated by the French. (did you mean the
people or the government). If it's the people you meant, there are
frictions but since the arabic community is rather large, you can't just
go and lynch . The governement does what it can to make everybody's life
painfull. France is France you can't put people in camps, you can't
discriminate in the legislation, etc... but it could definitely be better.

Now I haven't live in France the last 10 years, things might have changed
but I doubt it.

A propos France, I there was a mistake Bush did and the americans were
stupid enough to do, it was to think that France was the ennemy of the US
(hopefully this has taught a lesson to the French and they'll keep kicking
you ass in the future). French have always been a true friends to the US a
friend that dare to say when things go too long. Your lose.

Cheers, Nadim