Re: [Gnu-arch-users] tla_load_dirs vs. cscvs?

From: Jan Hudec
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] tla_load_dirs vs. cscvs?
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 12:25:24 +0200

On Wed, Jul 21, 2004 at 00:48:42 -0500, micah milano wrote:
> I've mostly gotten cscvs to work after the help from folks on this
> list, but have just come across tla_load_dirs, and am wondering what I
> might be missing. Is there a run-down comparision of these two
> available somewhere?

They are about different things, and as such, not directly comparable.

cvsvs is a tool for gatewaying CVS and Arch. It does a lot more than
just mirror cvs tree in arch. It can guess boundaries of individual cvs
commits and other things. The arch archive can be exact copy of the cvs
histroy, if you want to.

tla_load_dirs, on the other hand, is about creating arch revisions from
non-arch sources. It does only one things -- "make this tree a next
revision on that version, trying to identify renames". But it does not
use cvs -- it will happily create revisions from release tarballs.

                                                 Jan 'Bulb' Hudec
<address@hidden>