Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [OT] facism gaining ground in US

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [OT] facism gaining ground in US
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 18:15:49 -0400

On Mon, Jul 26, 2004 at 12:40:17PM -0700, Pierce T. Wetter III wrote:
>  Here's one though: In my more cynical moments, IMAO, we don't have a
> choice between Bush and Kerry, we have a choice between whether we want
> someone who makes bad decisions for the _country_ based on good decisions
> for his _cronies_ or someone who makes bad decisions for the _country_
> based on good decisions for his _cronies_. So we really have a choice of
> cronies.
>
>  Bush's cronies: Energy companies.
>
>  Kerry's cronies: Trade Unions.

Oh, bullshit.  You have no idea how Kerry will act, given that he hasn't been
elected (yet); during an election politicians make google eyes at anyone that
can breathe.  Most politicians once elected back off a bit and pretend they
don't know the people they were all lovey with before.

But Bush _has_ been elected and we _have_ seen what he's like, and it's
_scary_ -- it's not really that he's evil, it's that he apparently thinks the
whole presidency thing is a fun game, and that his immense power is really
favors to be given away to those nice men who helped him get elected, and
those "nice men" have proven to be utterly without regard for the public or
the nation.

> In my case, I worry about Kerry's connections to the teachers unions,
> because I think school vouchers should be at least partially implemented.

So you're willing to utterly screw the country so that choosing your kid's
school could possibly become more convenient?

Gotcha.

-Miles
--
A zen-buddhist walked into a pizza shop and
said, "Make me one with everything."