Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Preventing matches in regular expressions

From: Johannes Berg
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Preventing matches in regular expressions
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 08:42:03 +0200 (CEST)

>> I'd rather change the way Arch works: process the directives in the
>> order
>> in which they appear in the file.
>
> This changes interpretation of existing project trees, so you'd have
> to add an additional flag to activate this mode.

I think this could/should be combined with the changes to deprecate the
=tagging-method file in favour of the .arch-inventory file.
Then, the interterpretation of existing =arch-inventory files need not be
changed, and the "flag" could just be the presence of =arch-inventory
(old-style rules) or non-presence (new-style rules)

johannes