[Gnu-arch-users] Inconsistency of Added-files and Removed-files

From: David Allouche
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Inconsistency of Added-files and Removed-files
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 13:10:53 +0100

Having been recently converted to test-driven programming, I'm writing
tons of test case for pyarch and uncovering some glitches in tla.

I have just found that when explicit id-tags are used, the patchlog
header "New-files" does not mention explicit id-tags, but the
"Removed-files" headers does mention them.

I have not checked the way Moved-files (or whatever the name of the
header summarizing renames) behaves with respect to explicit id-tags
since it is not (yet) supported by PyArch and my current priority is
upgrading the _existing_ functionality to support file name escaping.

I _can_ write a workaround for the inconsistence if the correct
behaviour would be not to show explicit id-tags ever in patchlogs, so I
would like to know what _is_ the correct behaviour.

--
                                                            -- ddaa