Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: tla grab

From: Tom Lord
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: tla grab
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 11:25:29 -0700 (PDT)

    > From: Miles Bader <address@hidden>

    >> Does anybody know what is the status of [tla grab]? Any experiencies
    >> using it? Use cases where it effectively fails?

    > I can't say whether it's broken, as I've never used it, but it's
    > always seemed vestigial to me -- an idea for an
    > interface/usage-style that never really got developed fully.

    > Does anybody use it?

I'm not ready yet to post the details but on this end, we're working
on some grab-like functionality but a bit fancier.  I suspect that
`grab' itself will eventually either morph wildly (to use the new
facilities we're building) or will simply disappear and be replaced by
some similar-but-different commands.

I don't think people use `grab' all that much.  That's kind of a shame
since the general idea is right on the mark and my initial hope was
that `grab' would evolve into something fancier.   But, on the other
hand, the same evolved functionality can (and hopefully will) arise
through another path.....