Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: tla grab

From: James Blackwell
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: tla grab
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 12:45:57 -0400

Jim Lynch wrote:
>> I don't think people use `grab' all that much.
>
> Yes, but there may be a reason for this, there is no useful
> documentation, including tla grab -H. I suggested to Miles
> that he look at the source, which he did, and found all the
> header lines possible (he said so anyway; no reason to doubt
> if the source code is clear about the header names).

yes, "marketing" is probably a huge reason. At the time I wrote it, I
didn't know how to work on the tla docs (if you want the honest truth, I
still don't).

It'll take me all of 15 minutes to write some good inline docs for grab.
I'll do so as soon as I have free time.

> Agreed; given the existing header lines, seems you could get tla to
> actually even build a config, assuming everything is implemented.

Yes, its supposed to be, but that might be the part thats broken.