Re: [Gnu-arch-users] archzoom wishlist item

From: Mikhael Goikhman
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] archzoom wishlist item
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 01:10:22 +0000

On 23 Aug 2004 01:22:44 +0200, Harald Meland wrote:

> [Mikhael Goikhman]
> >
> > Ok, I implemented this, although I think that transposing branch and
> > version is a bad idea. Take a look at:
> >
> >   http://archzoom.sourcecontrol.net/demo/address@hidden
>
> Although I'm not to sure about this particular way of implementing the
> feature, I still think that e.g.
>
>   http://archzoom.sourcecontrol.net/demo/address@hidden
>
> is, for some of the likely uses of an Arch browser, much preferrable
> to the non-"?transpose" variant.  For other uses, the non-"?transpose"
> variant is preferrable.
>
> (Note that in this "?expand" view, it's actually the sort order which
> matters; do you sort on "branch" and then "version", or the other way
> around.

Please note that tla itself is not ambiguous about the sort order, see
all commands with ordered output like 'abrowse', 'branches', 'versions'.
These don't have a transpose option.

I think the real solution is to use micro-branches to indicate the order.
But since currently there is no really any such possibility, and many use
branches as micro-branches, I added [transpose] and [untranspose] links
in the views linked above.

Regards,
Mikhael.