[Gnu-arch-users] Re: CVS gateway using cscvs -- tags and branches?

From: Miles Bader
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: CVS gateway using cscvs -- tags and branches?
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 15:14:33 +0900

Martin Langhoff <address@hidden> writes:
>> I don't know how cscvs operates, but the system I use operates purely
>> off of `cvs update', so if you're tracking a tag and it gets
>> "downgraded", it will _look_ to the gateway like a change backing out
>> the bug, and get committed to the arch branch as such.
>
> Are you running a mechanism similar to those described in the wiki
> pages? Something else? Automated?

I use `tla-cvs-sync':

   http://wiki.gnuarch.org/moin.cgi/tla-tools/tla-cvs-sync

I think the most noteworthy functional difference from cscvs[*] is that
tla-cvs-sync makes absolutely no attempt to construct "proper
changesets" in the CVS->arch direction -- it just bundles up all changes
since the last time it was run as a single changeset.

[*] But I really only have the vaguest idea about what cscvs does.

-miles
--
We live, as we dream -- alone....