[Gnu-arch-users] tla inventory recursion

From: Zenaan Harkness
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] tla inventory recursion
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 10:09:05 +1000

I'm having difficulty with directory recursion with tla inventory.

Perhaps this is because I have not tla add-ed the directories - or
perhaps they were added by default with tla inventory --source
--names|xargs tla add ??

Or perhaps I don't need the recursion. But sometimes I feel like I don't
have the control that I should have.

In the week and a half or so that I spent on Bitkeeper, there is a "-r"
option to the bk "parent" command, which worked, at least wherever I
tried it, for example:

bk -r sfiles -g

was roughly equivalent to

tla inventory --source --names

bk's -r option would recurse downwards from the current directory.

With tla inventory, I get or don't get recursion, depending on the
options I provide - I can't seem to force recursion on. Makes me feel
like I'm missing something/ lacking control/ plain stupid for not
knowing how to do it.

(A little aside on typing: I can type both sfiles and inventory pretty
quickly, but sfiles is quicker, and less error prone that inventory.)

Hope the above's useful at some point,
zen

--
Homepage: http://www.soulsound.net/
Please respect the confidentiality of this email as sensibly warranted.