Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Coordinate changes between two projects?

From: James Blackwell
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Coordinate changes between two projects?
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 14:20:01 -0400

Andrew Wilcox wrote:
> I have two projects that I'm working on, a library and an application
> that uses that library.
>
> Since I'm working on both at the same time, I often make updates that,
> from a high-level point of view, should really be part of a single
> changeset: I'll change the interface of the library, and then refactor
> the application to work with the changed interface.
>
> (This is different than adding new features to the library and then
> extending the application to make of those new features: I would
> logically consider that to be two different changesets).
>
> Is there a way in arch to make a changeset span two projects?  Or make
> a "super changeset" that encompasses two changesets?

No sir. You'll have to dive into both working trees, and commit both
seperately.

The easy followup question is "why isn't arch smart enough to commit all
of them on its own" and the answer is "because arch doesn't know that
its in a multi-project tree"

Which then leads you to "So why don't we dump in {arch} a =config-root
file that records where the config is, and then commit all of those"

Which leads you down to....

anyways, it gets pretty messy real quick.