Re: [Gnu-arch-users] the state of the union

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] the state of the union
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 19:39:09 -0400

On Wed, Aug 25, 2004 at 02:42:24PM -0700, Daniel Stone wrote:
> > Why can't you do this?
> Because of the fact that I can't do so without either distcleaning or
> changing the tagging-method?

This is certainly not true.  It's perfectly possible, and indeed not very
hard, to make tla ignore all the build cruft and work just fine for
`build-in-source' trees -- for instance the emacs arch tree is this way.

It's no different than adding stuff to .cvsignore to make CVS stop
complaining about unknown files.

"Most attacks seem to take place at night, during a rainstorm, uphill,
 where four map sheets join."   -- Anon. British Officer in WW I