Re: [Gnu-arch-users] corrupt library (failed inode signature validation)

From: Aaron Bentley
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] corrupt library (failed inode signature validation)
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 10:12:02 -0400

Robert Anderson wrote:
Haakon Riiser wrote:
The revision library is located on a local filesystem, while the
archive is accessed via NFS.  Is this configuration a problem?

That should be fine,

It should be, but it isn't for most versions of tla.

Archives on NFS is a problem?  Since when?

I use archives over NFS with a local revlib
at home a lot.  Archives over NFS are never a problem, in fact...
did you mean that the checked-out project tree was over NFS?

No, just the repository.  The working copy (and the revision
library) is on a local reiser3 filesystem.  Btw, I access the
repository via sftp, and the sftp-server has my home directory
on NFS, but the fact that sftp is also involved shouldn't make
any difference, right?
This is a well-known bug. You may want to try the 1.2.1 release, which is supposed to fix the bug.

I am not aware of such a bug, nor am I aware of changes in 1.2.1 which would fix it.

I think you're thinking of library-on-NFS, but that is not this user's configuration. ("The revision library is located on a local filesystem, while the archive is accessed via NFS")

Aaron

--
Aaron Bentley
Director of Technology