Re: [Gnu-arch-users] PANIC: duplicate ids in ORIG tree

From: Georg-W. Koltermann
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] PANIC: duplicate ids in ORIG tree
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2004 00:09:40 +0200

Am Di, den 31.08.2004 schrieb Robert Anderson um 22:27:

> >That will produce a list of ids in the MOD tree (the working
> tree),  but
> >we need the ids in the ORIG tree (the revlib or pristine).
>
> True, but since the guy is just getting started, it's not
> unlikely that the differences between ORIG and MOD are trivial or
> non-existent.

True.

> Georg - did you add or remove any files since you imported?

I added one file.  I think first I got the PANIC and also a message of
one new file being unknown so I added it hoping the PANIC would go
away.  It didn't go away.

>   What
> id-tagging method are you using?

Explicit (find ... | xargs tla add).

There is a post about duplicate ids being possible if one was fast
eough, see
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/gnu-arch-users/2004-05/msg00596.html

Do you think I hit that case?  OTOH there don't seem to be duplicate
ids, per "tla inventory --ids | cut -f2 | sort | uniq -d".  Strange.
I think I may need to take a look at the source, but not tonight.

--
Regards,
Georg.