[Gnu-arch-users] Changeset submissions for merge requests

From: Andrew Suffield
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Changeset submissions for merge requests
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2004 18:27:03 +0100

Support for formally capturing changeset submissions is now active. A
merge request is mapped by number to a branch, like this:
address@hidden/tla-merges--merge-49--0

Merge requests can and should contain the following pseudo-header
fields, which are used to construct the branch:

Archive-URI

        This gives the URI at which your archive can be found. It's
        only strictly necessary the first time you submit something
        from the given archive, after which it stays registered on the
        server. If you need to *change* the registered URI, you have
        to talk to me.

Base-Revision

        This gives the revision which your changes should be applied
        against. Anything accepted by tag will work; you can say
        'address@hidden/tla--devo' to grab whatever is the latest
        at that time. Make sure that your changes actually apply
        against the named revision, or they will be rejected.

Revision

        This is a comma-delimited list of revisions to be
        applied (or you can use multiple Revision fields, or mix the
        two; they'll be folded into a single list). It'll be fed to
        replay --list, so you have to list precisely the changesets to
        be applied - no ranges or following ancestry.

For merge requests which have already been submitted, use an [UPDATE]
tag, which accepts all these headers. Example: