Re: [Gnu-arch-users] patch log corruption after update

From: David Allouche
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] patch log corruption after update
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2004 11:13:52 +0200

On Fri, 2004-09-10 at 13:06 +0200, Radim Kolar wrote:
> > >I would suspect an user error. Did you actually perform the test exactly
> > >as you described? If yes, can you double check?
> yes. i am attaching output of script command. I am using repository on local
> filesystem.
>
> > It sounds a little like the problems we had a little while ago with log
> > files, which depended on I/O timing.  It'd be useful to know:
> > Does it produce the same random binary junk every time?
> binary junk is different every time.

That looks really weird. Let us try to debug it some more. Please be
patient, that is probably going to take some time, and thanks for your
help.

Note: please provide a transcript for all your tries. Also please make
sure you make the test in a new empty directory (to evade reuse of
pristine tree from sibling trees).

Does "tla changes" modifies the content of the patchlog? You could use
md5sum on the patchlog file just after update too.

Does the problem also appear with "tla replay" in place of "tla update"?

If the problem does not appear with "tla replay", does it appear when
doing "tla undo; tla replay; tla redo"?

Does the problem appear if you first update to patch-7 and then update
or replay?

--
                                                            -- ddaa