Re: [Gnu-arch-users] --forward mostly harmless

From: James Blackwell
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] --forward mostly harmless
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 17:02:04 -0400

Patrick Mauritz:
> an alternative could be to import patch into tla as library and do the
> necessary tweaks there - a libpatch might be necessary to
> significantly boost tla/win32's performance anyway.

Occasionally I have the same feeling. I usually get over the feeling
pretty quick when I consider two of the ramifications:

1. the codebase for tla would grow substantially and

2. We open ourselves to breaking one of our tenant contracts with the
users -- that archives and changesets are "transparent". If we start
using our very own diff, patch, gzip and tar, we open up to the nasty
possibility of divergeance.