Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Unable to 'tla get' from public mirror -- PANIC: I/

From: Aaron Bentley
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Unable to 'tla get' from public mirror -- PANIC: I/O error
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 19:21:59 -0400

James Blackwell wrote:
Meh. Why is it both perl and python both refuse to have switch
statements? That is _so_ braindamaged.

Dictionaries make a great substitute for switch statements:
# Not actually tested.
def printer(input):
  def a_func():
    print "You chose a!"
  def b_func():
    print "You chose b!"
  {"a":a_func, "b":b_func}[input]()

What's more, they're reusable-- heck, they can even be generated by or passed to other functions! I suppose now, someone will show us how to do it with lambdas.

Aaron