Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Interesting tidbit

From: Tom Lord
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Interesting tidbit
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 09:55:55 -0700 (PDT)

    > From: Cameron Patrick <address@hidden>

    > Miles Bader wrote:

    > > There's a story on slashdot about "Ubuntu" (a debian-based distro),
    > > which is sponsored by "Canonical Ltd", and I notice the following:
    > [...]
    > > Hmmm, I wonder if they actually use arch too... (didn't Lindows?)

    > I suspect they do:

    > On Fri, Sep 10, 2004 at 07:47:12PM +0200, David Allouche wrote:

    > > Star-merge was not up to the job we assigned to it. It was fatally
    > > wounded in a merging riot at Canonical. Peacekeeping forces were only
    > > able to rescue the merge operator after he received injuries to several
    > > vital organs. The forensics have uncovered astonishing evidence.

IRC chatter on the matter has been sufficiently liberal that I will go
out on a secure-looking limb and say that, yes, I am pretty sure they
do use arch (unless they are bluffing).

What isn't public record is just *how* they are using arch, but I
suspect we'll get more about that over time.  That'd be my guess,
anyway.

I would not venture a guess whether the process that produced the
first release has anything to do with arch.