Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [MERGED: abentley-20]

From: David Allouche
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [MERGED: abentley-20]
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2004 22:38:33 +0200

On Sat, 2004-09-18 at 16:30 -0400, James Blackwell wrote:
> I took patches 1,2 and 4
>
> They enable commit to use the project tree to determine the next
> revision, instead of the archive.  (Unless --force is specified)

Pardon my laziness for not looking at the code, but what does that buy?

It is still necessary to compare the last revision according to the tree
and according to the archive to fail on out-of-date trees.

And anyway, what is the point of saving archive accesses on commit? Of
all commands, this is one of the few which inherently needs to access
the archive.

--
                                                            -- ddaa