Re: [Gnu-arch-users] wiki update: conditionalized startup scripts over s

From: Aaron Bentley
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] wiki update: conditionalized startup scripts over ssh
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 12:09:51 -0400

John Kinson wrote:
Has anyone actually succeeded with this technique for real, or are Andrew's suggestions hypothetical?

People have reported that they work.

When I ssh to arch-shared, the .ssh/rc file correctly sets the umask, but when I display the umask at the start of my .bash_profile (and /etc/bashrc), the umask has been reset to 0022.

When you use sftp, the shell is not invoked. If you want to test it, I'd suggest using the sftp client.

Aaron

--
Aaron Bentley
Director of Technology