[Gnu-arch-users] PANIC: I/O error - unable to open file

From: Zenaan Harkness
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] PANIC: I/O error - unable to open file
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 14:27:39 +1000

address@hidden:~/workingDir40 $ chmod a+r \{arch\}/\=tagging-method

address@hidden:~/workingDir40 $ tla changes
* looking for
address@hidden/cpc--parthDev--4.0--patch-3
to compare with
unable to open file "./{arch}/=tagging-method" (Permission denied)
PANIC: I/O error

address@hidden:~/workingDir40 $ ll \{arch\}/
-rw-r--r--    1 parth    parth        6809 Sep 21 16:40 =tagging-method
drwx------    5 parth    parth        4096 Sep 21 16:40 cpc/

address@hidden:~/workingDir40 $ tla abrowse
address@hidden
  cpc
    cpc--parthDev
      cpc--parthDev--4.0
        base-0 .. patch-3

There is an older email saying tla changes panics when a file is turned
into a symlink. I pretty sure that's not the case here.

The thing that occurred before this, was an rsync FROM windows (cygwin)
TO the unix account.

The windows box does not have the .arch-ids directories, so only source
files (should have been) rsynced across.

Any ideas?

tia
zen