Re: [Gnu-arch-users] make-archive vs. register-archive

From: Zenaan Harkness
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] make-archive vs. register-archive
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 12:06:01 +1000

On Fri, 2004-09-24 at 11:27, Robert Collins wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-09-24 at 11:22 +1000, Zenaan Harkness wrote:
> > make-archive does an implicit register-archive
> >
> > I deleted an archive directory that I'd just created.
> >
> > So how do I make-archive-dir again, or unregister-archive?
>
> register-archive -d <archive name>
>
> be sure to clean out the relevant revision library entries, pristine
> trees etc etc.
>
> Out of curiosity... why did you delete the archive ? (Do we need more
> warnings in the doco ?)

tla make-archive -H could perhaps use such a warning
- tla is self documenting after all...

The reason I did this though, was that I have been trying for
about a day now to make a shared revlib, and kept getting
little things wrong - like permissions, "touch" for perms,
umasks and whatnot.

So I'm now in the habit of blowing stuff away - like my revlib,
and anything else that dares step in my path of tla learning! :)

I created a new archive dir, to match the naming convention I'd
finally decided on (~/arch/) since I decided, after having spent
gruelling hours getting my address@hidden tree in a state where my shared
revlib should actually work, for my address@hidden user to TAG off of
STABLE, in a new c--b--version (0.1 -> 0.2).

cheers
zen