Re: [Gnu-arch-users] who will step up to replace james?

From: David Allouche
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] who will step up to replace james?
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 11:10:29 +0200

On Fri, 2004-09-24 at 10:29 +0200, Eske Christiansen wrote:
> So why do I not step up. firstly I do not understand the way arch works
> in every details and have just startet to look at the code so it will be
> stupid for me to do it.
>
> So who is up to the task (and what does Tom say to this (yes I know that
> he is not reading mail in a week))?

As far as I know, the persons who have high credit and a good knowledge
of Arch are too busy to step up. If I am wrong, by all means, please
prove me so.

James convinced me that technical excellence is not needed for preparing
the releases. The release-pusher (I'd prefer just to call that position
"release manager") mostly needs to know who to ask, who to give credit
to, how to conduct a useful feature discussion, how to communicate
effectively, and how to make a balanced decision. There is a significant
base of people who really know Arch on which that person can rest.

--
                                                            -- ddaa