Re: [Gnu-arch-users] tla help

From: Robin Green
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] tla help
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2004 00:35:29 +0100

On Sat, Sep 25, 2004 at 09:16:39AM +1000, Zenaan Harkness quoted:
> >From slashdot comment:
>
> ---
> % svn --help | grep '^ ' | wc -l
> 28
>
> % tla help | grep ' : ' | wc -l
> 105
>
> I'm sorry but just watching that scroll by is enough to make me say
> "well, maybe I'll figure this out later". Which is what I do every time
> I look at Arch.

Yes, people like to learn stuff without RTFM. An understandable desire,
but not particularly easy with arch. Still, maybe that's a good thing,
because forcing you to RTFM means you are more likely to get acquainted
from the outset with arch's concepts and ways of doing things.

--
Robin