Re: [Gnu-arch-users] "Newbie-ized help"

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] "Newbie-ized help"
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2004 18:29:39 -0400

On Sun, Sep 26, 2004 at 05:43:21PM -0400, Aaron Bentley wrote:
> If we're dropping merge commands, we should drop 'update'.  star-merge
> can be used anywhere update can, but update isn't as flexible.

Man, you've really got some kind of thing against update -- first you screw
up its semantics in "fai", now you argue for dropping it from the help...

It's _not the same_ as star-merge when used in the same context.

Does that mean newbies need it?  I don't know -- but certainly the name
"update" is a lot more newbie friendly than "star-merge" for the simple
"update my tree" use.

-miles
--
My spirit felt washed.  With blood.  [Eli Shin, on "The Passion of the Christ"]