Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: "Newbie-ized help"

From: Adrian Irving-Beer
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: "Newbie-ized help"
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 00:42:56 -0400

On Mon, Sep 27, 2004 at 07:38:16PM -0400, Miles Bader wrote:

> It's a bit off the immediate topic, but two things that played a
> strong part in _my_ switch to arch were slightly different:
>
>   3) simplicity
>
>   4) robustness

I agree here.  I was drawn to arch because it could manage all the non-
source metadata I needed, like symlinks and (automatic) binaries, all
using time-honoured tools like tar and patch.

Of course, branching/merging and changesets made it a cake
smothered in icing.

I hope the attempts to simplify the help system will bring out point
number 3, which is likely lost on anyone who tries to get acquainted
using 'tla help'.