Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Problems getting archives with tla

From: Phil Frost
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Problems getting archives with tla
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 13:12:30 -0400

WebDAV == HTTP + write access. Another way to think of it is
HTTP = read-only WebDAV, which is how tla thinks of the world. So when
it says "webdav", just say "HTTP".

The problem is likely that the archive was not created to include
.listing files, which is required when making a public archive to be
accessed over HTTP because there is no way to get a directory listing
over HTTP.

The solution is to either use the '-l' option when doing
'tla make-archive' or to create the empty file =meta-data/http-blows in
the archive, and then use 'tla archive-fixup'. If you did not create the
archive then you will need to contact the person who did to get it
fixed.