[Gnu-arch-users] Re: [BUG] sync-tree should work like replay when patch-

From: Miles Bader
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: [BUG] sync-tree should work like replay when patch-level is specified
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 10:55:51 +0900

Aaron Bentley <address@hidden> writes:
> True, though it would be a good idea to optimize delta for that case.
>
>> I mean it seems that --patch-logs-only and --no-patch-logs are really a
>> change to `dopatch', and various front-ends that (effectly) use that
>> should parse and pass-through these options.
>
> There's more than one way to do it.  The Fai implementation edits the
> changeset to remove non-log changes before applying it.

Ok, well obviously `mkpatch' could implement these options as well, and
it would be a useful optimization for large trees with zillions of
patch-logs.  Commands that both produce and use (or just produce) the
changeset could pass these options to mkpatch.

For cases where you've already got a changeset though, `dopatch' should
support them too ("editing the changeset" seems much messier; I presume
in fai you were trying to avoid changing primitives too much).

-Miles
--
Saa, shall we dance?  (from a dance-class advertisement)