Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [OT] Re: rsync cygwin -> linux, umask?

From: Zenaan Harkness
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [OT] Re: rsync cygwin -> linux, umask?
Date: Sat, 02 Oct 2004 14:49:02 +1000

On Sat, 2004-10-02 at 14:09, Cameron Patrick wrote:
> Zenaan Harkness wrote:
> > What would work, but doesn't exist, is an rsync option --ignore-perms.
>
> Isn't that the default if you don't specify -a or -p?

You're right.

I'd been using "standard" (as per examples) rsync -avuzb options,
which of course includes the troublesome -a.

Replacing 'a' with the subset of a 'rlt' solves that problem.

And to make sure new files created on windows are 664, I'm about
to wrap "tla add" (which gets run on Debian) to chmod prior to add.

And given rsync ignoring perms on syncs, We're set.

Thank you so much, greatly appreciated!
Zen